Shoot Me: Independent Filmmaking from Creative Concept to Rousing Release (Repost)
Roy Frumkes, Rocco Simonelli, "Shoot Me: Independent Filmmaking from Creative Concept to Rousing Release"
English | 2002 | ISBN: 1581152477 | PDF | pages: 239 | 8.9 mb
F08r any film student 08r indie buff seeking an insiders perspective of the art 4nd business of independent film-making, it doesnt get any closer than this.
When the script says "shoot me" 4nd Hollywood says no, your only alternative is to raise the money 4nd do it yourself. Heres how screenwriters Roy Frumkes 4nd Rocco Simonelli used digital video to do just that. Witty, 08riginal, 4nd ruthlessly on the mark, this unvarnished look at independent film-making chronicles both the creative intricacies of collab08ration 4nd the tricks of staying in budget 4nd out of court. The auth08rs compare notes as they describe the entire film-making process, with coverage including:
* Targeting the audience f08r the script 4nd tail08ring the script f08r the audience
* Raising money: your friends, your family, 4nd the millionaire next do08r
* Casting: names, no-names, 4nd personality nightmares
* Locations: finding them, securing them, 4nd sometimes even stealing them
* Producing: creating a budget, scheduling the shoot, 4nd dealing with unions
* Directing: w08rking with act08rs 4nd protecting your vision
* Editing: 08r dropping that scene you thought was a gem
* Celebrating, publicizing, 4nd distributing the finished product